Monday, March 14, 2011

From Chris G

Even though there were many significant experiences at the Tuba City Navajo Reservation, one sticks out in my mind as the time where we felt like we were accepted at the boarding school. One day during the students lunch period, two other trip participants and myself walked outside of the cafeteria during their recess time. As we walked around more and more students walked up to us and started chatting and asking us questions. This was great! I finally felt welcomed instead of feeling kind of awkward. Right after we started playing a big game of hackysack which made the situation way more enjoyable. During the classroom time it seemed like I was a little out of place and like I was being stared at a lot. This time during lunch was very important because this made me feel way more comfortable around the students and made it way easier to talk and relate to them. This experience was amazing and I hope I can do something like it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment