Monday, March 14, 2011

From Chloe

I walked into the long building, not knowing what to expect. I was worried that people wouldn't like me, that there wouldn't be a place for me, that I wouldn't be able to help properly. Luckily, I automatically got placed in a wonderful class and was put to work. The teacher I was working with was amazing and she made me feel very welcome at Tuba City Boarding School. She told me about her life and some of the ways that the students lived while I helped her organize and work. She told of the experiences available to the kids and it amazed me how different life was from here in Massachusetts. Many times leading the trip, I heard about the culture and how everything was set up in Tuba City, but being there surpassed all of my expectations. Everything in Tuba City was very different than anything I expected and the stories I heard, the information I found, and especially the experiences I had were completely foreign in such a wonderful way. This type of service opened my eyes to a new culture as well as just being an incredibly rewarding trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment